As an Android user, are you looking for more from your app store? The official store may offer a huge number of apps and games, but many users these days are looking for a bit more. With Aptoide, you get a lot more.
And it’s free. How cool is that!
Downloading and using Aptoide is quite simple. It works just like the AC Market appstore.
- In Android settings, go to Security, and Enable Unknown Sources
- Download Aptoide onto your device from the download link above
- Tap it, and the app page opens
- Tap Install and wait; when the app icon is on your home screen, the installation is complete Aptoide is yours to use.
Wait, there’s more
How to Use Aptoide:
Using the app is easy enough:
- Download Apps:
- Open Aptoide and type the name of the app or game you want in the search bar
- Tap on the app or game and let it install.
- Alternatively, browse the Editor’s Choice at the bottom of the screen ( says EDITORIAL ), look through the most downloaded, trending and more to find an app or game
- Upload Apps:
You can also upload apps to Aptoide:
- Open Aptoide and click on Create Store
- Set the store up, so it is visible publicly
- Search Aptoide for an app called Aptoide Downloader and install it
- Choose any app that is on your device and the Downloader will extract the APK and upload it to the store
- When it’s done, go into your store and click Apps – you will see the app or game you just uploaded
What’s the story?
What is Aptoide?
Aptoide is an alternative Android app store offering apps and games you won’t find in the official play store. Being user-driven, Aptoide offers users the chance to make their own app stores containing categories of content. Find the app store that corresponds with your device and stores their games in your own store. With more than 30,000+ apps on offer, users also got a unique feature – if you don’t like the app version you are using, simply roll it back to the previous version.
Aptoide offers several features for users:
- Easy to install and use
- Works on all Android devices
- Download from a choice of more than 30,000 apps and games
- Upload apps to your own store on Aptoide
- Safe to use
- Many more features
We’re not done yet
Why Download Aptoide?
The main reason that you would want to download Aptoide isn’t just the choice of apps; it’s the fact that it makes it easier to download and manage all your apps. Downloading an app is just as fast as it is on the official app store, but you get one extra feature – rollback. If you are not happy with the app or game version, you are one, simply rollback to the earlier version. It is one of the easiest apps to use and offers over 30,000 apps and games. Plus you can upload apps form your own device, pop them into a store and make them available for all users.
Is It Legal?
Yes, it is. There has been doubt cast over this in the past, much of this down to the fact that it is a decentralized app, with each user being able to manage a store of their own. So you are liable for usage of the apps you download as it is beyond the control of Aptoide. In terms of security, the app is free from viruses and malware, but you are urged to only install it from the source we provide and also install the updates issued by the developers s and when released.
Is it Safe?
Aptoide has grown significantly over the last few years and, while it didn’t get off to a great start, the developers have worked hard on making it safe. Because the app allows users to upload apps from their own devices, it takes more work to ensure it stays safe for everyone to use. To counteract malware and adware, they use an anti-malware system that is continuously scanning every store in Aptoide and filtering out unwanted content. As a way of reassuring you, all apps that come from a trusted source are marked with a green badge – if the badge isn’t there, the app or game may not be safe for you to download.
Over to you